Signature Dish of LadyJane
1/2kg diced butternut pumpkin
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped tomato
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp tumeric
4 tblsp oil
400ml coconut cream
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil and cook mustard seeds until they burst.
- Add chopped onion and fry until tender.
- Add chopped tomato and tumeric, cook briefly (approx 2 mins).
- Put in the diced pumpkin, salt and water.
- Stir well to coat the pumpkin.
- Add coconut cream.
- Cover and cook until pumpkin is soft - this depends on how small or large you dice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
This is ideal as an accompaniment to a very hot curry and kids (mine anyway) love it.
Back to recipe index.